If there was a one-stop shop for dog supplements, it would surely be a supplement containing omega fatty acids. These essential acids can assist in multiple body processes in your pup, and can be beneficial to their overall health in several ways.
As our dogs age they can begin to experience joint pain, changes in their skin, cardiovascular disease, immune compromise, and other natural changes that we can’t always prevent. Though we can’t slow this process down, we can offer them assistance through beneficial supplements that we add into their diet.
Let’s dive into the details surrounding omega fatty acids in dogs, the way that omega fatty acids benefit a dog’s health, and how our Omega 3 Chews can change your furry friend’s life.
What are omega fatty acids?
Omega 3 fatty acids are considered essential staples in a dog’s diet. Though dogs are able to create some types of fatty acids out of other nutrients, they are unable to produce omega 3 fatty acids themselves. Due to this, omega 3 fatty acids will need to be supplemented into a dog’s diet.
If you look at the ingredients in your dog’s food, you will often find fish oils and other omega fatty acids that are added into the kibble. Though this may meet the most basic of dietary needs, it’s often not enough for a dog to truly flourish in their benefits.
In order to make sure that your dog can soak up the benefits of this essential nutrient, you must focus on it as its own important section of their daily nutrients. Our Omega 3 Chews will help you target each section of your dog’s overall health all in one delicious chew.
The Benefits Of Omega Fatty Acids
So why are omega 3 fatty acids such a big deal? When it comes to nutritional supplements, the omega fatty acid does it all. Some of the many health benefits that fatty acids offer include:
- Helps to improve joint health by lubricating the joints
- Helps to reduce inflammation in many inflammatory diseases
- Helps to promote skin and coat health by reducing skin irritation and dryness
- Helps to relieve excess shedding by promoting skin health
- Supports the brain development in puppies and young dogs
- Helps to support the immune system by alleviating over-reactive immune responses
- Helps to improve cardiovascular health
- Can help slow the progression of chronic kidney disease in dogs
- Some believe that omega fatty acids have a calming effect on dogs with anxiety, if given daily
- Help to slow the progression of some cancers, including canine lymphoma
As you can see, the positive effects of an omega 3 supplement are endless!
How do you know that your dog needs omega fatty acids?
So, how do you know if your dog can benefit from an omega 3 chew? Though it’s been shown to be a beneficial supplement even when symptoms are not present, there are a few signs that can express your dog’s need for this well rounded supplement. Some of these signs include:
- Signs of joint pain such as limping, difficulty getting up and down, moving slower than usual, stiffness, or diagnosis of a joint condition
- Dry or irritated skin
- Excessive shedding of fur
- Chronic skin allergies
- Susceptibility to allergies from vaccines, insect stings, or any other sensitivities
- Dogs that suffer from any kind of inflammatory disease
- Dogs with diagnosed kidney disease
- Dogs with cardiovascular disease
- Any large breed adult dog, since they are prone to joint conditions
While omega 3 fatty acids work wonders in many different medical conditions, it’s important to speak with your veterinarian if your dog has any kind of chronic condition. Since many dogs take daily medications for these conditions, it’s best to make sure that our supplement will not interfere with any of the medications that your dog is currently taking. Though the omega 3 chews are incredibly safe, it’s best to inform your vet of any changes in their dietary routine.
The Beneficial Ingredients In Our Formula
Now that we’ve covered the ways dogs can benefit from Omega 3 Chews, let’s discuss the ingredients in our Omega Chews that can support your dog’s overall health. Some of the beneficial ingredients that are included in our formula include:
- Omega 3,6 & 9: These nutrients are an important part of the animal cell membrane. They help to facilitate multiple body processes including cardiovascular health, brain health, joint health, and more.
- EPA & DHA: EPA and DHA are also omega 3 fatty acids that help to improve overall health in dogs. They help to aid in multiple processes that happen in the canine body.
- Algae: Algae is considered a “super food” for dogs. Algae contains multiple fatty acids and minerals that help to promote optimal health in your pup.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil: Salmon is rich in Omega 3 & 6, so it works together with other ingredients in this chew to help aid in their immune support, as well as other body functions.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a fat soluble nutrient that is essential to helping your dog develop strong muscles and joints. It’s also an antioxidant, which means it will help to eliminate free radicals in the body that can damage cells.
- Biotin: Biotin is known for alleviating symptoms in allergic reaction, inflammatory diseases, skin conditions, and other conditions that are facilitated by the immune system in dogs.
The Benefits Of Our Omega 3 Chews
Gracie To The Rescue Omega 3 Chews have a combination of some of the most well known nutrients that help to promote immune health, cardiovascular health, skin health, joint health, and MORE. With each of these beneficial ingredients combined into one delicious chew, your pup has all the tools they need to keep their health in tip top shape!
Omega 3 Chews will help to promote:
- Skin health
- Coat health
- Joint health
- Heart health
- Immune health
- Kidney health
- And more!
The benefits of omega 3 supplements are endless, and can help to keep your beloved companion in your life as long as possible. If you have a furry friend in your life, it’s time to consider our Omega 3 Chews!