Urinary complications are common in family dogs, and can be a source of constant frustration for your furry friend. These urinary conditions are often uncomfortable for your pup, and can lead to more serious complications if they are not taken seriously. While UTI’s and other conditions of the urinary system require medical intervention, there are ways to help prevent these problems by giving your pup the tools they need to fight off infection.
Gracie To The Rescue knows how important it is to support a dog’s urinary health, and has found a way to give your companion the support they need. In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of urinary health in dogs, how cranberry can help dogs that are prone to urinary complications, and how our Cranberry Chews can prevent urinary problems before they begin!
The Importance Of Urinary Health In Dogs
Some dogs are just more prone to urinary complications than others. Once your pup experiences their first UTI (urinary tract infection), they are likely to experience another infection at some point throughout their lives. These UTI’s can cause pain, illness, and can lead to more serious complications if left untreated.
Dogs that have experienced UTI’s at some point in their life are more prone to urinary crystals, mucus in their urine, bladder stones, kidney complications, and other conditions that can greatly impact their health. By giving them a supportive supplement that contains ingredients that aid in urinary health, you can help to prevent these serious complications before they start.
Signs Of Urinary Complications in Dogs
Aside from being previously diagnosed with a UTI, there are some common symptoms in dogs that point to urinary tract infections or other complications. Some common signs of urinary illness in dogs include:
- Frequent urination
- Foul smelling urine
- Change in the color of their urine
- Blood in the urine
- Urinating small amounts all around the yard
- Urinating in the house
- Whining or crying when they urinate
- Difficulty urinating or unable to urinate
- Decreased appetite
If you ever notice that your dog is having difficulty urinating or is not producing urine at all, make sure to have them seen by your veterinarian ASAP.
Cranberry and Urinary Support
Cranberry has been recommended by doctors for human and animal use when it comes to urinary health for quite some time. It was initially thought to lower the PH enough to help prevent bacteria from forming, but this has since been proven untrue. Though professionals were able to debunk the initial myths behind cranberry use, it was still clear that cranberry consumption was somehow making a huge difference when used to prevent UTI’s. So how does it work?
Within the last 20 years scientists were able to discover that a compound found in cranberries (proanthocyanidins) actually prevents the E.coli bacteria from sticking to the lining of the bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract. Because of this, cranberries are effective at preventing and even curing UTI’s in dogs.
Beneficial Ingredients In Our Formula
Some dogs are more prone to urinary conditions than others. Whether they are currently experiencing a UTI or have experienced them in the past, they can use some assistance when it comes to boosting their ability to fight off infections. Luckily, some of the natural ingredients that are proven to stop UTI’s can also have a great impact on our canine companions as well.
Some of the ingredients in our Cranberry Chews that can help to strengthen their urinary health include:
- Cranberry: As we previously discussed, cranberry has the ability to prevent E.coli from adhering to the lining of the bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract. Because of this, cranberry can help to prevent UTI’s.
- D-Mannose: D-mannose is a substance that has been used in human and veterinary medicine to help treat and prevent UTI’s. Some experts even claim that it can be more effective than antibiotics in some cases.
- Marshmallow root: Marshmallow root is used in dogs to help lubricate internal tissues and aid in supporting the urinary tract. When pairing this substance with other bacteria-fighting agents, it provides wonderful support for urinary health.
- Astragalus root: Astragalus is a medicinal herb that has been used for hundreds of years to help the body fight off infections. It’s antibacterial properties help to prevent UTI’s by strengthening the immune system and fighting off bacteria.
- Licorice root: Licorice root has incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Since UTI’s can cause uncomfortable inflammation of the urinary tract and other tissues, the licorice root can help relieve some of the symptoms of a common UTI.
Benefits of Our Cranberry Chews
Our Cranberry chews have a list of impressive ingredients that can prevent the occurrence of UTI’s in your pup, and even cure a current UTI that they are experiencing. Some of the ways in which our urinary support chews can change your dog’s life include:
- Preventing future UTI’s
- Supporting urinary health in dogs that have frequent UTI’s
- Help the body fight off bacteria that can lead to infection
- Reduce inflammation and pain in dogs with a current UTI
- Help fight the bacteria responsible for UTI’s
- Prevents E.coli from sticking to the lining in the bladder and urinary tract
- Help support the immune system
- Reduce the need for antibiotics
The possible benefits of a cranberry supplement are endless, and can truly transform the lives of dogs that suffer from urinary conditions. If your pup has ever experienced a UTI, it's time to consider our Cranberry Chews!