Benefits Of Hemp Dog Collars, Leashes, & Harnesses
We don’t often think about how much our dog’s collar or harness can affect their comfort. While we often assume that most collars are alike, this is simply not true when it comes to the possibility of skin irritation. We’ll dive into the details behind hemp products, what exactly hemp is, and how this material can bring your pup more comfort.
What is Natural Hemp Fabric?
Hemp is about as natural as it gets when it comes to discussing the array of fabrics and materials that are available today. Sustainable hemp webbing is a textile made from fibers of a plant in the cannabis family and can be transformed for multiple purposes.
Hemp has been used for years due to its sustainability, and the durability it provides in many forms. Hemp was the primary source of rope, sail, canvas, rope, and webbing fiber for hundreds of years before synthetic fibers such as nylon made its way into the picture.
Hemp is a healthier and more natural alternative to nylon or leather, and is free of many irritating materials that can cause irritation on your beloved pup’s skin.
Amazing Facts About Hemp
If you’re just now becoming aware of the new trend in Hemp dog collars and leash products, you may not know of all the incredible details that back this material's reputation in the pet wellness world.
Some incredible facts about Hemp:
- Hemp is grown pesticide free since it has a natural pest resistance
- Hemp is also mold and mildew resistant
- Hemp is odor resistant
- Hemp is anti-bacterial
- Hemp fiber production is free of any bleach or harmful dyes
- Hemp is hypoallergenic and suits those with allergies well
- Hemp fibers are more durable than cotton
- Hemp is 100% biodegradable
- Hemp plants require less water during the growing process, making it eco-friendly to produce
- Hemp is incredibly durable and long-lasting
With such an impressive list of qualities, it’s no wonder Hemp products are taking the world by storm.
Signs Of Collar & Leash Irritation
Many standard dog collars are made with irritating materials, use bleach and other harmful ingredients in the production, and can rub and irritate our dog’s skin. Some collars and leash products simply don’t have your dog’s best interest at heart. So how do you know if your dog’s collar or harness is causing them any discomfort?
Some signs of skin irritation include:
- Redness on the skin around their collar or harness
- Small bumps or pustules on the skin around their collar or harness
- Frequent itching around their neck or other areas that their harness touches
- Dandruff on the areas around their collar or harness
- Odor coming from the skin around the collar, or a collar or harness with a foul odor in general. This can result in skin irritation or infection in the future
Hemp Collars, Harnesses, & Leashes For Sensitive Skin Allergies
Dogs with susceptibility to skin allergies will require more care when it comes to their collar and leash products. Since so many materials, such as leather and nylon, have been made using harmful dyes, something as simple as a collar can cause your pup a great deal of discomfort.
Since Hemp is hypoallergenic, there is not a single material in the fiber that can cause your pup to experience any skin irritation. The material is also antibacterial, meaning it’s unlikely for a Hemp collar or harness to be the source of any type of skin infection in your furry friend.
With combating bacteria and having a natural production process, this is a safe option for any sensitive pup to wear day in and day out.
Benefits Of Our Organic Hemp Gear
It’s clear that our HempLeash Products have a list of impressive qualities that can prevent your beloved pup from experiencing any kind of skin irritation. An itch-free pup is a happy pup, and any ability to protect a sensitive dog’s skin with natural products is life-changing!
Some benefits of our durable Hemp dog Collar, Leash & Harness include:
- They are hypoallergenic and great for your dog's sensitive skin
- They are machine washable
- They are durable and comfortable
- They are free of any bleach or harmful dyes
- They are odor resistant
- They are earth friendly
- They are soft and cozy on your dog’s skin
- They actually get softer with wear
- They are itch-free
The possible benefits of switching to a Hemp leash product are endless, and can bring your sensitive pup a world of relief. If you are looking for a natural alternative to the standard leash and collar, our Pawsitive Hemp products are for you!