There is nothing worse than watching your beloved pup suffer from chronic pain. Whether they have discomfort due to aging, joint disease, or any other condition that can affect their joint health, their day to day lives can become more challenging if their discomfort is not addressed.
Though we can’t slow down the aging process for our furry friends, we can make the journey more comfortable for them with the support of joint supplements. Gracie To The Rescue knows how important it is to boost your pups quality of life, and keep them feeling their best when joint pain strikes.
We’ll dive into the common signs of joint and hip pain in dogs, what can cause this pain, and how our Hemp Hip & Joint Chews can bring them relief!
What are some signs of hip and joint pain in dogs?
When it comes to pain, dogs can be more challenging to read. They are experts at masking their discomfort, so it’s up to us to keep an eye out for the signs that point to chronic hip and joint pain. Some possible signs that your beloved companion is experiencing hip or joint pain:
- Slower getting up in the morning
- Slowing down on walks
- Disinterest in things they once enjoyed
- Joint swelling
- Licking of a joint frequently
- Crying out when switching positions, standing up, or upon activity
- Muscle loss
- Disinterest in physical activities
- Snapping at you or other pets in the house
- Hesitation to jump up on furniture, into the car, etc.
As you can see, some of the common signs of pain in dogs are not always as obvious as you may think. If your pup is showing any of the above symptoms in their daily life, it’s time to consider our joint support.
What can cause hip and joint pain in dogs?
When it comes to aches and pains in our canine friends, the possible causes can vary from dog to dog. Though we often associate joint pain with older dogs, they are not the only ones that suffer from this discomfort. Some factors behind joint and hip pain in dogs include:
Large breed dogs: Some dogs are simply aching due to their large size. Many veterinarians have gotten to the point of suggesting joint supplements for all large breed dogs from the point that they reach adulthood. Joint supplements can help slow down the deterioration of the joints, and provide relief from daily swelling or pain.
- Dogs with previous or current injury: Dogs who have experienced previous bone or muscle injury are more at risk to chronic aches and pains due to previous trauma. If your pup has ever experienced an injury, or has had previous orthopedic surgery; a joint supplement is recommended to combat aches and pains.
- Old age: As our companions age, they may begin to experience chronic joint pain and discomfort. Additional lubrication and support from joint supplements can make their aging process much easier, and help to slow down joint deterioration.
- Weight: Obesity is not only unhealthy for your dog’s overall health, but can put extra strain on their hips and joints. Having to support a large amount of weight each day can result in chronic pain and additional stress that the joints aren’t prepared to handle.
Overuse: If your dog participates in vigorous activities or sports, they may need a joint supplement to help keep up with the wear and tear of daily activity, and provide them relief from the soreness that comes with frequent activity.
Congenital causes: Congenital causes (present from birth) can cause joint pain in many different forms, depending on the condition. For example, many small dogs experience luxating patellas, which often results in severe knee pain over time. Another example is hip dysplasia in large breed dogs, which can be debilitating as they age.
The Beneficial Ingredients In Our Formula
Now that we’ve covered the common causes of joint pain and what can cause this discomfort, let’s discuss the ingredients in our hip and joint chews that can support your dog’s joint health. Some of the beneficial ingredients that are included in our formula include:
- Glucosamine: Glucosamine is a compound that is referred to as the lubrication of the joints. Glucosamine works by repairing the spongy material between the joints, helping to reverse some of the damage present in dogs with joint pain and aid in joint support. Because of this, glucosamine is the main ingredient used for dogs with joint pain, injury, and inflammatory disease.
- Organic Hemp: Hemp seed oils and powders have a balance of Omega fatty acids that help to reduce joint pain, reduce inflammation, and help slow down joint deterioration over time. This is such an incredible ingredient, that it is being tested for its ability to combat cancer in dogs.
- MSM: MSM is an ingredient that can combat joint deterioration, and ease joint pain with the combination of other joint supplements. Due to how well it works with other joint supporters, you will often see it used in combination with other compounds.
- Chondroitin: This ingredient works by helping to prevent break down of the cartilage tissue by relieving inflammation. When given before serious joint injury, this ingredient works wonders to prevent joint pain and discomfort. It will also require a loading dose similar to glucosamine administration.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful antiinflammatory agent that is used in human and veterinary medicine. Turmeric has immediate results, so it’s perfect for relieving daily pain.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E has been used for quite some time in veterinary medicine for overall health and joint supplementation. This ingredient is known to reduce inflammation throughout the body, and acting as a lubrication for the joints.
- Yucca Schidigera: Yucca root powder is a substance that is growing in popularity in the pet realm due to its ability to help soothe inflammation of all kinds. This ingredient is used to reduce joint pain, reduce inflammation from gastrointestinal disease, and many other conditions that cause inflammation.
The Benefits of the Hemp Hip & Joint Chews
Gracie To The Rescue Hemp Hip & Joint Chews has a brilliant combination of some of the most well known anti-inflammatory agents. With each of these beneficial ingredients combined into one delicious chew, your pup has everything they need to keep their joints in shape! If you are still on the fence, let’s discuss the ways in which your dog can benefit from this supplement.
The Benefits of the Hemp Hip & Joint Chews include:
- Can help to restore joint strength
- Reverse some previous joint damage
- Help provide lubrication for grinding joints
- Help them get up and down easier since they are less painful
- Help them gain the strength to participate in daily play again
- Reduce their anxiety due to relieving their pain
- Improve their quality of life as they age
The benefits of a joint supplement in dogs are endless, and can bring your furry BFF the comfort they seek in their day to day lives. If you think you may have a painful pup, our Hemp Hip & Joint Chews are here for you!